Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Has Sprung!

It's April 1st and south Texas has never seen prettier weather! Perhaps I'm so tickled by it because I spent nearly a month away from home. It's good to be back, especially with the bluebonnets out in force! Perhaps I'll post a few pictures over the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, I thought it might be fun to update you on where I stand with my writing. It's been a busy season.

For those who have been reading the "Weddings by Bella" (Revell Publishing) series. . .thank you! Oh, how I love my fans! You've been so good to me. The outpouring of love and support was amazing when the first book (Fools Rush In) released back in September. I bit my nails as the second book (Swinging on a Star) came out in January, afraid my readers might not like it as much as the first. (This always happens in a series, by the way. We authors fret that our readers won't care for the subsequent books. Call it insecurity. Call it nerves.) Imagine my surprise and delight when I heard from dozens of you, saying you liked the story! And now I'm thrilled to announce that the third book (It Had to Be You) will release in a month! I got my first author copy tonight and passed it to my awesome friend, Kay. I'll let you know what she says, but I happen to love the way Bella's story wraps up. Hope you do, too!

As for my other projects, I just turned in a book for a new romance line at Summerside. My book is set in 1957 in a soda shop in Laguna Beach, CA. It's titled "Love Me Tender." If you like the music, movies, television shows and love stories of the 50s, I think you'll get a kick out of this story. I'll be giving you more information as the release date draws near.

In the meantime, I'm buzzing along on Love Finds You in Camelot, Tennessee. It's a quirky (hysterical!) story about the citizens of the town of Camelot putting on the play, Camelot! This book (like my others from Summerside) is written under my pen name, Janice Hanna.

One more announcement! I'll be debuting a new line of freelance writing courses soon. To sign up for the newsletter, go to www.freelancewritingcourses.com. These courses will help aspiring freelancers earn real money with their writing.

That's it for today! I'm excited about all that God has in store. Please sign up to follow this blog. I'd be honored! From this point on, this will be my primary blog, where you can learn about all of my books.

Happy Spring, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment