Friday, April 16, 2010

Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?

I thought that subject line might grab your attention! With so many different things happening in my life (deadline for a novel, my new writing courses, book reviews and so on, I'm afraid I'm going to overlook the people who make all of this possible: you!

Yes, this is celebrate YOU, the READER, day. I've been wracking my brain, trying to figure out what I can do to bless you. Pray for you, sure! I do! I pray God's blessings on each and every one. But I want to do more.

How about this. . .I'm going to write you a poem. Now, mind you, I'm no poet. Still, I'm going to give this my best shot. Let's make it a haiku.

My faithful readers
Blessing, encouraging, kind
God's precious gift, all

That's how I feel about you! You are a gift to me. When I'm bleary-eyed, facing a deadline, you lift my spirits! When I'm biting my nails, wondering what you'll think of my next book, you respond with love and encouragement. When I'm trying my hand at new ventures (writing courses, etc.) you send me, "You can do it!" notes. Oh, how you keep me going.

In so many ways I feel like Moses. When he grew weary in battle, those around him lifted his arms. You, my dear readers and friends, are my arm lifters. And I wish I could give you more than a poem. For today, I suppose that will have to do. That, and a sincere, "Thank you!" from my heart to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment